The Sales and Marketing Intern is a part-time internship and is the voice of the consumer, providing the internal Sales and Marketing Team with valuable feedback on consumer concerns, trends, and product interests. This position is responsible for consumer inquiries and concerns, preparing and shipping warranty replacements/samples, assisting with sales and marketing projects, wholesale order entry, and overall general support as needed. The Customer Success Associate is also the voice of the company, educating and informing the consumer about our products. This position will report directly to the Customer Success Manager, and work in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Teams.
Responsibilities for Customer Service Associate
- Maintain a set work schedule, in-office, with a minimum of 10 to 25 hours per week
- Respond promptly and professionally to incoming customer inquiries in person, by telephone, online chats, or by email
- Maintain an updated knowledge of the organization’s products, services, and customer service policies
- Document customer interactions when necessary, compiling documents and forwarding information to interested parties
- Explain simply and clearly in response to customer questions and check for customer understanding and acceptance
- Assist consumers by demonstrating the use of goods and programs and answering any questions they may have
- Establish and maintain good rapport with consumers by using positive language and anticipating their needs
- Assist with picking, packing, and shipping sales and marketing samples, and customer warranty replacements.
- Assist with sales and marketing projects as needed, including compiling gift packs, building contact lists, entering wholesale orders and general department support.
Qualifications for Customer Service Associate
- Student pursuing or completed bachelor’s degree
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Friendly and welcoming manner with customers and other members of the customer service team
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, simple manner to customers
- Strong command of written and verbal English
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a calm and polite manner in stressful situations
- Willingness to cooperate with customers and management to resolve any issues that may arise